Sunday, March 23, 2014

In Case You Missed It...I'm [Never] Coming Home...


Some of you may/may not have heard, but I'm Extending (again…)

Yes it is true.  I have extended my service for maybe the 4th time, honestly I’ve lost track at this point. The point is, I feel like my projects are just starting to take off and the work I am doing is finally meaningful. Leaving now would be detrimental to all the effort I have put into to see these projects take off.  Since the projects are in their early stages, leaving now would possibly forfeit the successful completion of these endeavors.  If there is one thing that is certain, its that I'm not a quitter.
            In addition to extending for my projects, I have realized I am just not ready to return home to the States to begin a career in engineering in a typical 9-5 setting.  Judging by my friends, I don’t think I would be happy.  I have fallen in love with this place, its sheer beauty of the landscape and the people.
         In case you missed the subtly of that, I am applying for jobs in St. Vincent so that I can remain here after I finish my PC service.
         So, this obviously means you should come visit me ;-) because I’m not coming back Stateside for a while….



No comments:

Post a Comment