Friday, November 5, 2010

Many Thanks...

Its not hard to see how much time and effort has gone into this process.  I have had to make many sacrifices to make this dream a reality; and I am willing to bet that this will not be the end.


I would like to take the time now to say thank you to the many people that have helped, encouraged, supported, or aided in the process along the way. Please note the order is completely random, I just write as it comes to me.



  • Firstly and foremost, I need to thank my mom.  She has been my biggest supporter throughout this whole ordeal.  She has given me many words of encouragement, inspiration, motivation, drive, etc and has helped me get through the myriad of doctors appointments. I should also thank my family for being supportive in their own way.  I know most of you dont really understand my motivation and why I am pursuing this path, but I hope in time you will see the benefits an unconventional path has to offer.
  • I'd like to give a special thanks to Lindsay Deckard who has been nothing short of amazing.  She is my inspiration and was the catalyst to my decision to pursue PC!  She is the most amazing person I have met in a long time and always, always knows the right thing to say at the right time.  I dont think I could have gone through this process without her extremely helpful insights and wisdom. Thank you!
  • I should thank the many wonderful AmeriCorps volunteers I have met and worked with over the course of my service in Philly as well as through Alternative Spring Breaks.  Ultimately they are the people who have given me inspiration to give back to my community (where ever that may be).
  • I cannot forget all of the helpful and supportive people at Drexel who helped write letters of recommendation as well as gave great advice-Yury Gogotsi, Holly Burnside, Danielle Tadros, Dorilona Rose, Dr. Zavaliangos. And those not at Drexel who wrote letters and gave great advice or have been great mentors-Amy (Audino) Jones and Rafael Rengifo.
  • I want to thank the Center for Civic Engagement at Drexel-Seth Jacobson and Daniel Dougherty in particular for having faith in me and choosing me to spearhead the Drexel Community Scholars partnership with Our Mother of Sorrows/St. Ignatius Schools.  It was truly an eye-opening, life changing experience.  I loved every minute of it.
  • Our Mother of Sorrows/St. Ignatius-everyone was so great to work with! I hope my students learned as much as they taught me!  I'm really going to miss OMS/SI, I felt so welcomed and truly a part of the community.  Rosemary Haenn, Sr. Owen, and Simon Kaufman-you guys are the greatest! Thanks for all the support! Donna Rodzewich, I'm looking forward to working closely with you throughout my service to teach the 6th graders about my new culture and community!  Cant wait for all the questions!
  • Obviously I need to thank my friends (my support group and sounding board).  Without you I am not sure if I would have made it through all the (frequent) very rough patches.  Lauren, in particular, thank you for being so supportive and understanding, even though this is not what you want.  It breaks my heart that I will have to miss 2.5 years of life with you, including some of the most monumental times in your life.  Just know that I will be there in spirit. But it makes me eternally grateful that you understand that this is something I need to do. Emily, Stacey, Ali, Lesli, Lauren M. and Rose-I know that no matter how long we go without speaking or seeing each other things will always be the same when I return.  Thank you for all your support and encouragement. There are countless people who I could thank for their kind words and well wishes-thank you so much it means alot to know you believe in me! 
  • Thank you to all my Friends and Family who have been nothing but supportive! I really couldnt have done it without you and your help and encouragement.
  • Thank you to all my friends at Drexel and in Philly. You know who you are :-) 
  • Chris: It is funny how life has a way of working out.  I knew that this would happen.  But you have been great throughout this whole ordeal. Thank you so much for being so understanding and supportive!  You have been nothing short of amazing throughout this very difficult and like changing time in my life.  Thank you.
  • I'm sure I missed someone.  Its not that I dont care or appreciate it, theres just so many people that have been so positive about this decision!  I'll add them as they come to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment