Saturday, March 12, 2011

Help Me Help Others Help Themselves

As you may or may not know, I will be assisting in establishing a library at the school in my community, Emmanuel High School Mespo.  

How can you help, you ask? 


So glad you asked! There are many ways you can help.


1. You can donate money (which is tax deductible) to Hands Across the Sea**.
2. You can collect and donate gently used books to Hands Across the Sea**.
3. You can spread the word so that more people will be aware and get involved!


But more importantly, you can specify that the money and/or books are for my project and ensure that the money and/or books are going to my community directly.


**Hands Across the Sea is a non profit organization dedicated to raising literacy levels and assisting schools in the Eastern Caribbean. For more information, go to: www.handsacrossthesea.net
To donate specifically to my project and EHSM, please email harriet@handsacrossthesea.net or tl@handsacrossthesea.net and specify my name and Emmanuel High School to ensure donations are going directly to my cause!


I will be working with EHSM staff to compile a book list to distribute so if you choose to donate books you will have a direction of what types of books would be appropriate. 


Help me increase literacy levels in SVG!


If you have any questions about how you can get involved and increase literacy levels in SVG or anything else pertaining to Hands Across the Sea, please do not hesitate to contact me!

No comments:

Post a Comment