Thursday, January 27, 2011

Im Losing My Sanity

Where do I begin??? Today has been the longest day of my life.  It really started about two days ago. I was so nervous I couldnt sleep.  Then I get a call from the airline at 6am on wednesday (24hours before my flight).  The flight has been canceled.  Presumably due to the snow (I had a lay over in DC).  Let me outline the rest....let me also preface this by saying Im running on 2 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours...

The Plan:
  • Part 1A-Fly from Albany, NY to Washington DC.
    • Part 1B-Fly from Washington DC to Miami, FL.
    • Part 1C-Fly from Miami, FL to St Lucia
    • Part 1D-Fly from St Lucia to St Vincent
    The New Plan:
    • Part 2A-Canceled due to snow. 
      • Possibility I will have to leave Wednesday instead of Thursday.  Oh No. Im not even packed.
      • Rebooked (wednesday morning around 10am) on a different airline for about the same time as original (6am thursday). This flight has a layover in Atlanta, so that I will bypass all the snow in DC. This is cleared up only after being on hold for about an hour, and talking to several different people, including PC reps and Sato (the travel agency) reps. No one knows whats going on...But apparently they figure it out.
      • Still supposed to get to Staging on time, no big deal. All is fine.
    • Part 2B-Atlanta GA to Miami FL.
    What Actually Happened:
    • Part 3A-Albany NY to Atlanta GA.
      • Get to Airport on Thursday morning (~4am). Go to ticket counter, I have a reservation but no ticket.  Ok? Guess they didnt figure it out. I explain the situation to the ticket agent, she tells me that the original airline might have it. Ok..
        • I go to original airline ticket agent, he tells me that the flight has been refunded.  Normally, it would just get switched to the new airline, no problem.  But because it was refunded, there was no ticket for me, even though they reserved the seat for me.  Basically, no one paid for the flight. So I couldnt get on.
      • Now Im on the phone with PC and Sato (the travel agency) trying to figure out the whole situation.  This takes about 1.5 hours and now I have missed the rescheduled flight. Awesome.  Now they are trying to find another flight.  Meanwhile, Im calling the Staging Coordinator, waking her up at 4am in a panic, then telling her all the changes and whats going on.
      • Finally by 630 am everything is squared away and I will be leaving at 1245pm from Albany NY to Atlanta GA.  Of course, now I will have missed Staging altogether. Oh well...
    • Part 3B-Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL
      • No major major problems, but I dont end up getting to the hotel until 8pm.
    • Part 3C-TBD
    • Part 3D-TBD...
    Good news, all my luggage made it to Miami.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment